|Dining Room - Shaped by God's Word - Bible Study
This is where we get to the “meat and potatoes” of God’s Word and seriously reflect on how it applies to
our lives by challenging, encouraging, and sharpening each other to grow in faith. This entails much
more than learning some facts or just attaining Bible knowledge. In fact, I hesitate to call it Bible Study
as if the Bible were a textbook to be mastered. Having Bible knowledge is essential, taking notes is
great, but it doesn't mean anything if it doesn't change us. Being shaped by God’s Word means taking
that knowledge and letting it truly speak to our lives and live it. Obviously, this will look different for
various age groups, but the principle is the same—allowing God’s Word to truly shape us.
* Sunday School Adult (upstairs), children (downstairs), youth (fellowship hall) and college and career
* Morning Women’s Bible Study and Prayer Group The group meets Wednesday mornings at 10 a.m.
and is studying the book of Hebrews. See Peggy Sargent for more information or if you are interested in
being a part of this group.
* Evening Women’s Bible Study An Advent study. This group meets Wednesday nights in the nursery at
6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. See Shirley Snavely for more information.
* Men’s Bible Study Wednesday’s at 6:30 p.m. in the pastor’s office. Study- Christian holiness and
sanctification. Please see Pastor Eric if you are interested.
* Dive In Youth Ministry Wednesday nights at 7 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall basement. For youth 7th
grade- 12th grade. See Emily Ellsworth, Jay Lyons, Paul or Sarah Sheneman for more information or go
to the youth page on the church website www.grandviewnaz.org/divein.html
* Kid Splash for kids and their families! Every Wednesday 6:30 p.m. -7:30 p.m. Kids ages 4-12 (6th
grade) Currently the kids are working on their Christmas musical.